Banana Bread – Quick, Easy and Delicious!
- 115g softened butter
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C (170°C), and prepare a loaf tin. You can either line it with baking paper, or prepare with butter and flour.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time (mixing well between each egg).
- Add the flour and bananas and mix well until smooth.
- Put into the prepared loaf tin, and bake for approximately 40 minutes until golden. Use a skewer to make sure your banana bread is cooked through.
* Originally posted on 16th October 2013