Watching Abby hand out Christmas biscuits on an old NCIS episode a few nights ago made my mouth water and immediately I craved some Cinnamon Biscuits. As soon as the kids hopped on the bus the next morning, I gathered up my ingredients and went on a baking spree! Well, not really a spree but we did get some pretty yummy Scones and amazing Cinnamon Biscuits out of it!
When you’re baking these delicious biscuits, keep a close eye on them after the 15 minute mark until they bake to your liking. I baked mine for 20 minutes, ’cause that’s how I roll.
Absolutely delicious no matter how you have them! These didn’t last long at all . . . in fact, I think I’ll head back into the kitchen and make a double batch!
Spice and all things nice!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 125g butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons golden syrup
- Preheat your oven to 150°C (140°C fan forced) and line baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift flour, bicarb and cinnamon into a bowl. Add the sugar. Rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture has a fine breadcrumb texture.
- Beat the egg and golden syrup together and add to dry ingredients. Mix well with a wooden spoon and then bring it together into a dough by hand.
- Roll into balls – I used about a tablespoon because Minion Dad likes big bikkies! – and flatten slightly, leaving about 5 cm between each biscuit. You don’t have to do this, they’ll spread just fine without it and will actually end up a little thicker in the middle.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, slightly longer for a crispier biscuit. Keep a close eye on them after the 15 minute mark until they bake to your liking.
- Cool biscuits on tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack, IF they last that long!